Saturday, February 10, 2007

OBAMA ON HEALTH CARE-HALF RIGHT

Today Barack Obama was electric again and spoke about prevention in health care during his Presidential announcement speech - my personal favorite solution to the "now everyone agrees" genuine crisis in US Health Care.

H.R. 676 (Conyers/Kucinich etc)- Single payer-"Medicare for All", for example, needs more prevention in it.

But Mr. Obama also has a bill in Congress called the Genomics and Personalized Medicine Act which is ill conceived and informed. The Human Genome so called health revolution is a myth

Below is what I wrote in January 1999-

Major advances in modern Neuroscience with all of its profound implications (like the physiology of human perception and the physiology of human intentionality or choice) will significantly dwarf, if not render childlike, all the projections that molecular biology and the human genome project will “revolutionize” Medicine in the 21st century.

(Feedback welcome on my 1999 comments)

But still Obama exudes passion and programs for the growing ranks of the disenfranchised and disillusioned Americans. He's a candidate to be taken seriously-no doubt about it!

Dr. Rick Lippin
"Blake"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- Greg Sarget over on TPM Cafe blog stimulated this post-script

Here is my response to Greg.

Greg,

I noted the "I love you" Obama speech closure also which reinforces your correct assumption that he represents a generational changing of the guard

I propose we ALL begin to use that phrase "I love you" in our communications with each other

I love you,

Dr. Rick Lippin
"Blake"

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you wrote in January 1999 was a lame then as it is now in 2009. Sounds more like a psychologist disenfranchised with his career choice to me.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home